Saturday, 12 February 2011

After Two Months...

... I finally met my beloved supervisor. Yes I know, the agreement was we are to meet fortnightly, but it was Dreaded December, add the unforgiving weather, travel chaos and all the Christmas/year-end sales going on (ahem!) to the mix, he told me that it is best to stay at home instead. If I have any problem with my code implementation, just use email or YM him to get in touch. Then came January. As planned, Yaya-Yayen only started his nursery school session in the middle of the month, so for the first two week, we both have to take turn babysitting him. So, there's go my planned programming marathon. Surprisingly, I managed to catch up with my literature reading (a lot!), so it's not all time wasted. 

Last Thursday, I finally bought the train ticket to Birmingham to see Mike. T-Bag dropped me at Bristol Temple Meads at precisely 9.10am so I had like 45 minutes to kill before my train departs. With virtually nothing to do, (FYI, I don't do reading at the coffee shop, it's so not me!) I did what came naturally to me. EAT! So off I went hunting! Jenuh mencari, I settled in at this cafe (Cafe Bonaparte), bought a medium-size cappuccino (kenyang lah pulak nak kunyah sandwich), sat there, sipping my cappuccino and indulged in a favourite pastime of mine, people-watching, heaven yo!

Cappuccino, nyum nyum!!! 

Diriku termenung di sini.

Managed to study my notes in the train, actually a script (hehe) of what to say, and ask, in front of Mike. I'd prepared it the night before, better to have one so I don't end up repeatedly saying "ummh", "ah" during the discussion. 11.36 am, arrived at University station. Walked briskly to my school and at 12noon, I was already sitting comfortably at my desk. Suddenly I experienced this mild panic attack! Alamak! Actually, for this meeting, I dah lama plan to talk to Mike, like ... really talk(!), about my research direction. I was scared that he'll flatly reject my ideas. Sudahlah nak carik research problem statements satu hal,  tetiba kalau dia tak setuju, nangis lah kauu..!!! Yes, it's not easy to find a valid PhD research problem. Once you identified it, there's a whole lotta of additional problems appearing, you will have to design a solution to the problem. Dah ada solution, you have to validate your solution lah pulak, making sure that the validation is in line with the current practice in your area. Ye lahh, kalau senang, esok dah siap PhD, kannn?

 It was a 40-minute meeting, which is quite an achievement based on my personal record. Normally, it'll last around 20-30 minutes. 40 minutes discussion  for 2 months worth of works, hehehehe. Everything went well during the discussion, takde adegan tarik rambut or hentak meja, Alhamdulillah. He agreed with my ideas, asked me to proceed, and told me to double my effort because I'm coming to my third year here, what?! 


After the brain-excursion activity, I went for lunch with the three lovely Brummie ladies. The four of us headed to Jamie Oliver's restaurant, saje nak try after reading all those rave reviews. Alas, banyak pulak le pelanggan2 Jamie hari tu, we were asked to wait for 20 minutes for our table to be ready. Since, it was already 1.30pm and everyone need to be back at the office before 3, we opted to have a quick lunch somewhere else, so we tried this cafe called The Little Pasta Place. Emm, it's more like a canteen than a cafe, but perut sudah lapar lah. Can't afford to be fussy. So we went in. They serve Italian food and the most important thing is, everything is halal. Makanlah beef lasagna ke apa ke, halal woi! Plus, it's definitely cheaper than Jamie's !!! Tapi, rasanya taste-wise, mesti la Jamie's menang kann? I had me a pasta bolognese with spicy chicken, and a bottle of still water for 3.50gbp, cheap cheap!

Behold! My pasta bolognese and spicy chicken with parmesan topping. The spicy chicken was so nice and the bolognese gravy was so beefy, like like! I'm not sure whether they used beef mince or mixed mince, dah selamat masuk perut dah pung. 

Fazira and Ayu ordered beef lasagna. Yummy!!!

Mileen had macaroni and cheese. So cheesy, but it was slightly over-cooked .. there's a slight burnt taste, too bad. If not, mmg perfect!

After that, I went straight back to my lab and did some work till 5.35pm. Ayu volunteered to drive me to Big John's and then straight to the University station. Bought some fried chickens, kebab and nugget at Big John's as takeaway. Duh! My train was delayed, apparently there was a signalling problem somewhere along the line. One (or two) train(s) to Longbridge and Redditch were cancelled, so I did worried a little bit. I was afraid that if I didn't reach Cheltenhem Spa by 7.25pm, I'll miss my connecting train to Bristol Temple Meads (scheduled on 7.25pm). Fuhh, nasib baik sempat sebab the train driver bawak laju gile. Nak melukis garis lurus pun jadik bengkak bengkok and takut pulak jadiknya kann?

T-bag and Yaya-Yayen patiently waited for my arrival in our car outside the train station. Yaya-Yayen looked sleepy and nangis ngada-ngada in the car. And ingatkan tak sempat nak baca that little boy bed time stories, sempat juge. 


Need to double the effort (will do Mike) and hopefully in two weeks time, I can deliver something substantial and present it to my supervisor, Insya-ALLAH.


Photobucket

21 comments:

Ms.Lilies said...

hide n seek pig??
pig pun dah bleh main aci nyuruk haaa

:p

somuffins said...

Seronok I 'ikut' you kesana kesini. Baca dgn gigih kekdahnya :-)

DrSinga said...

Usin kata 'supervisa'
.
.
dah nengok hantu kakLimah lom?

Faizal n Fashitah said...

1 lasagna plis. Tenkiu...

Daddy Ziyyad said...

Jamie's restaurant huh?
Considered as posh restaurant ke kat sana?

~u buat PhD in Architecture ke?

Hanis MY said...

ganbarimashou on studies...really like the last pic!

DeLancrettLurpak said...

K.Mimi: Huihh, tau dak, dia kata pig is cute.. nasib baik la budak kecik kannnn? hehhehehe

DeLancrettLurpak said...

CikSom: Thanks la CikSom, kadang2 saya ni tulis merepek meraban ajee...hehehhehe...

baca tau, nanti saya buat pop quiz, hadiahnye set queen anne's.. hehehhe

DeLancrettLurpak said...

Faizal: Burpppp!! Udah masok dalam perut, gine tok? heheheh

DeLancrettLurpak said...

DaddyZiyyad: Tak lah, kalau posh, sepinggan mauk 20-30gbp kan.. yg ni reganya paling mahal pun berbelas pound aje.. kire okla kannn?

Jarang org tanya saya buat dalam PhD bahagian apa.. Meh nak bgtau, saya buat PhD in computer vision, to be specific 3D facial expression analysis..

DeLancrettLurpak said...

Ibusinga: "Dah naik wheelchar dah kamu" heheheh


Udah nengok le, hehehe.. lawak gile seyyy

DeLancrettLurpak said...

Hanis: Budak tu suh ulang2 buku cerita yg sama aje.. dah naik hapal dah every sentences..

Kazaztan Team said...

wahhhh...cabaran ye...full time mother dan sutdent...terus kan...

gedek! said...

Cappuccino, MEMANG nyum nyum!!!

Lady of Leisure said...

ehehe, amboi rajinnya dia baca buku, memacam cerita ada tu..

DeLancrettLurpak said...

Kazaztan: Ni bertahan selagi bolehh ni, kadang2 rasa nak tumbang gak.. heheheh

DeLancrettLurpak said...

Gedek: Try caramel mochiato pulak, laaaaaagi sedap!!!

DeLancrettLurpak said...

LL: Dia kan kalau tertido sebab penat sgt, pukul 9lebih malam dia akan bangun balik, and baca buku dulu, baru sambung tidor balik, pelik giler...

Ribbon Clown said...

Mimah..rendu blog kamu.. huhu

I'm back!!!!

psst aku br tgk citer k limah..cer citer..cer citer.. ;p

DeLancrettLurpak said...

Pe'jah: Ciss!! Rindu blog aku aje? Aku, ko tak rindu kerrrr?


baru sampai singapore eh? kome keje jadik supervisa ke dkt Singapore? hahahahah

aku dah 2 kali tgk weh.. mmg senaman abdomen laahhh!!

Ribbon Clown said...

hahaha supervisa.. aku baru balik semalam.. aku rendu kat yaya je ahaks..

klakar giler ah citer tuh..ending je ade kureng, tp sbb lawak dia sempoi,so segala kekurengan dimaapkan hehe..aku subcribe kat astro first, so channel tu duk ulang citer tu 24/7.. mmg duk ngadap je.. ;p

Related Posts with Thumbnails