Apakah nikmat si pembuat cake?
Tentulah masa nak buat frosting.
Kalau dah cream cheese + whipping cream sebagai frosting, walawehhh, kasik jilat dulu before basuh.
Umpama macam potong buah mangga la kan, tukang potong la empunya biji-bijinya itu, heheheh.
Apakah kek itu tuan-puan?
Recipe yg saya peram lama dah.
Nak buat, tapi angin malas melanda.
Sampailah hari ni baru la gigih nak buat.
Recipenye saya tampal sini, kot -kot la nak buat lagi.
The red note tu reminder utk saya dikemudian hari.
RED VELVET RECIPE (Source-->Thanks)
2 1/2 cups (250 grams) sifted cake flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons (15 grams) regular or Dutch-processed cocoa powder
1/2 cup (113 grams) unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 1/2 cups (300 grams) granulated white sugar
2 large eggs @ 3 medium eggs.
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup (240 ml) buttermilk
2 tablespoons liquid red food coloring
1 teaspoon white distilled vinegar
1 teaspoon baking soda (bicarb soda)
Add 1 tablespoon of white distilled vinegar/cider vinegar/lemon juice to 1 cup (240 ml) of milk.
Let this mixture stand 5 to 10 minutes before using.
1. Preheat oven to 175 degrees C (gas mark 4) and place rack in center of oven.
2. Butter two - 9 inch (23 cm) round cake pans and line the bottoms of the pans with parchment paper. Set aside.
3. In a mixing bowl sift together the flour, salt, and cocoa powder. Set aside.
4. In bowl of your electric mixer, or with a hand mixer, beat the butter until soft (about 1-2 minutes). Add the sugar and beat until light and fluffy (about 2-3 minutes). Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
5. Add the vanilla extract and beat until combined.
6. In a measuring cup whisk the buttermilk with the red food coloring.
7. With the mixer on low speed, alternately add the flour mixture and buttermilk to the butter mixture, in three additions, beginning and ending with the flour.
8. In a small cup combine the vinegar and baking soda. Allow the mixture to fizz and then quickly fold into the cake batter.
9. Working quickly, divide the batter evenly between the two prepared pans and smooth the tops with an offset spatula or the back of a spoon. Bake in the preheated oven for approximately 25 - 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cakes comes out clean. Cool the cakes in their pans on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Place a wire rack on top of the cake pan and invert, lifting off the pan. Once the cakes have completely cooled, wrap in plastic and place the cake layers in the refrigerator for at least an hour (or overnight). (This is done to make filling and frosting the cakes easier.)
Cream Cheese Frosting
227 grams cream cheese, room temperature
227 grams tub of Mascarpone cheese, room temperature (kalau ada lagi bagus!)
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup of confectioners' (icing or powdered) sugar, sifted
1 1/2cups (360ml) heavy whipping cream
1. In the bowl of your electric mixer, or with a hand mixer, beat the cream cheese and mascarpone cheese until smooth.
2. Add the vanilla and confectioners sugar and beat until smooth.
3. Using the whisk attachment, gradually add the heavy cream and whip until the frosting is thick enough to spread.
4. Add more sugar or cream as needed to get the right consistency
Finally, Assembling the Red Velvet Cake.
With a serrated knife, cut each cake layer in half, horizontally. You will now have four cake layers. Place one of the cake layers, top of the cake facing down, onto your serving platter. Spread the cake layer with a layer of frosting. Place another layer of cake on top of the frosting and continue to frost and stack the cake layers. Frost the top and sides of the cake.
Cake ini moist nye ala-ala aje tapi tak kering pulak.
Inilah the brown version of red velvet cake.
Saya akur kepada recipe, hanya letak 2 tablespoons of red colouring liquid.
Sekali saya terlupa kepada hukum alam.
Warna brown akan mendominasi warna merah.
So, terjadi la brown velvet cake.
Next time, I guess I need to put 4 tablespoons of red colour liquid kot.