Friday, 20 August 2010

Mrkamahkamah and Iftar 9

We went to Illminster Avenue Nursery Open Day in the afternoon. The nursery is said to have an excellent Ofted result but not their primary school, weird eh? The facilities are awesome. They offers speech therapy here and they have a paediatrician who visits the nursery regularly. Mrkamahkamah will join the nursery on 13th September, a week after the existing kids start theirs. A team leader asked us about the language we used and we explained that we speak two languages at home but to him, we speak English. She seems worried but we assured her that 75% of Mrkamahkamah choice of words are in English. So, jgn nak menggatal tuduh aku mematsalehkan anak aku, nak buat macamana, dah dia sekolah kat sini kannnn. Mind you, for only 2 and a half days per week will cost us about 320gbp per month, pengsan! But only for 3 months aje, after his 3rd birthday, Mrkamahkamah will get 12 hours free per week. So tambah aje lah berapa hari yg kita nak lagi kan.

After that we went to Sainsbury's for groceries shopping. I prefer Sainsbury's when it comes to vegetables because I think they have more options compared to Tesco and Asda. I was looking for button mushrooms for my black pepper gravy that I plan to make on Saturday. And I stumbled upon oyster mushroom, lama tak nampak menatang tu and automatically, I remembered cendawan goreng abang mualaf in Taman Universiti, Skudai, oh heaven! I never try to make my own deep fried oyster mushroom, but I really wanted to have it for iftar.  Balik rumah, kemas groceries and start cooking.

Oh sedap! Tapi sikit sgt! Next time I'll buy two packs of oyster mushroom, hehehe. Keji kan, cuba la amik gambo without the kitchen towel, looks messy, lantak.
Food for iftar 9.
Counter-clockwise: Deep fried oyster mushroom, mee hoon goreng, stir fry pakchoi with oyster (Mrkamahkamah's), ayam panggang sarawak and onion and cheese puff. Dah bosan makan nasik sekarang weh.
At first I wanted to try Kak Dayang_Jack's ayam panggang sarawak recipe which I found in My Resipi. But the problem is I don't know which one is jintan manis and which one is jintan putih. Confused patik! So, I end up trying another recipe by Kak Dayang76.  And again, silly mistake, I forgot to put lemongrass. So, macam takde kick sikit la the ayam, but still sedap.  Cuba tgk rupa ayam tu, terliur tak, hehehe.

The stir fry pak choi is for my little ones . He likes rice and today he has it with chicken and the veges. Habis semangkuk nasi weh! 

Fuhhh, esok nak masak weh? Dah kembang tekak bila teringat nasik, abolutely no more rice.

8 comments:

chuasteph said...

wahhh, your food really sedap la.

Fazira said...

buatlah roasted chicken with fries and mashed potatoes...baru mat saleh sikti...hihhi

Budak Lurpak said...

Steph: come here, I'll cook for you..hehehe

Budak Lurpak said...

Fazira: rumah ni mashed potatoes tak laku la fazira.. fries pun tak guna goreng sgt, kureng laku.. heheheh

bobotnear said...

pi beli roti nan and buat tandori chic sendiri..takpun buat ayam panggang and garlic bread (ala nandos)..

nottingham said...

your little ones makan pak choy? amazing. my youngest tak usik sayur langsung. even peas pun dia kira and kena upah untuk makan. satu pea satu euro. boleh bangkrap.

Budak Lurpak said...

mileen: oh saya rindu nan cheese shere khan.. 1sept pi birm dgn wandi, nak pi tapau for iftar.. hehehe.. garlic bread adalah tidak laku dirumah ini..hanya saya sorang je makan...

Budak Lurpak said...

nottingham: a'ah.. saya train dia makan pakchoi sejak umur dia 1 year ++... dah biasa kot.. sayur mayur yg tak distinct sgt rasa nya, dia makan lah.. peas, carrot, cauliflower dia takmau..

Related Posts with Thumbnails