Thursday, 25 February 2010

A Tale of a Nervous Student: Note to self

1.Need a notepad next to my bed
Few days before viva, I can't sleep.But when I fell asleep, I will woke up around 3-4am. At that time, my mind will work like crazy, trying to find a novel contribution of my research or try to figure out what's wrong with my codes (I did that by just lying on the bed, amazing eh?This is not amazing, we called it desperate but at the same time lazy to get off the 12.5 TOG duvet!). But when I came out with something, I suddenly felt sleepy. So, I slept. By the time I arrived at my lab in the morning (10.30am still considered as morning rite?), I will take more than 15 minutes, just to recall the idea that came into my mind at that wee hours. So, from now on, I need to put a notepad next to bed, or better yet, a blackberry, any chance that I get a blackberry for this year birthday/anniversary present? wink wink.

2. Don't try a new recipe
Don't do this a week or two before the viva date or else, something will burn, just like this, a burnt pasta bake.


3. Eat and eat and eat
I'm really famished when I constantly think about something. I refuse to think about the calories of the food because my brain is preoccupied (baik punye alasan!). A bowl of oat in the morning is not enough. The energy from a plate of pasta for lunch only last for 2-hours. Kinder Bueno and Cadbury are really my "bestfriends". So, if you're going to organize a foodie session and to make sure that your food is finish, please invite me during this time.

4. If possible, don't drive.
The cursing really blocked your mind.


See, a 9-month viva that only took a total of 20 minutes (presentation + QA), really can make you suffer and nervous. But it's worth it because I got what I want: it's a "well done" from my supervisor and internal examiner (see how desperate a student can be).

Thanks to all friends for your doas and well wishes. :)


Can you imagine how nervous I will be for my final viva?
24 months to go.

11 comments:

kucingorengemok said...

ooo belum final ke? (kita tak paytension sgt sebelum ni)... 24 bulan lagi, takpe, banyak masa nak freak out, heheh

Lady Arween said...

Tahniah...kalu la saya rajin mcm awak..Nie dah thn ke tiga buat master..my dissertation masih lagi kat chapter 1&3...Draft lagi lak tu...tragik2

afendi ariff said...

lex sis...nmpk mcm stress sgt tu...
dah2..len x kalu nervous sgt gi minum kopi dulu...kasi cooldown sket...

Ribbon Clown said...

Wes, ko nak beli tak blackberry aku..baru pakai 3 bulan..condition still superb.. aku dah moved to SG, so all the FB segala benda maxis nyer services taleh pakai.. aku igt nak sign up line baru kat SG and get new HP.. klu ko nak sound eh.. harga bleh nego ;)

melovesfood said...

KOG: dah start takut pun..takut tak siap..hikhikhik

LA: kalau dah start writing tu,maknanye experiment or whatsoever dah siap la kan.. cepat2 tulih..leh convo..hehe

Afendi: kopi membuatkan saya sgt hyperactive.. silap2 laaaaagi stress...hihihi

Pe'jah: ko nye blackberry model yg mana?

Ribbon Clown said...

aku nyer BB Curve 8900..

melovesfood said...

pe'jah, berapa ko nak letak?? heheheh

ibusinga said...

dah boleh stat nyanyi2 lagu Balik Kampunggggg.....????

melovesfood said...

tak lah ibusinga, kite nyanyi lagu "kain pelikat la la la" hehehe

Ribbon Clown said...

tatau aku nak letak brape hehe..tak check lg pun price kat market brape skang.. nati aku msg ko kt FB..ko blk mesia bila?

melovesfood said...

aku balik on 3rd..tapi aku sampai kat jasin on 5th.. ko tak balik alor gajah ke weh?

Related Posts with Thumbnails