It's a malay version of lasagna, I guess.
The Recipe, which I copied from MyR. Credit to umi_e.
- 3 Potatoes, peeled and cubed.
- 500gm chicken mince
- 1 onion
- 3 garlics
- 1 tablespoon of curry powder
- 3 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 12-14 slice of bread
- 500ml fresh milk
- 3 eggs
- Grated cheese
- Put the onion and garlics in the food processor/blender. Heat the vegetable oil. Stir fry the blended ingredients and mix in the curry powder as well as the mince chicken, cubed potatoes and salt.
- Put the fresh milk, eggs and salt in a mix bowl and beat it till it's well mixed.
- Dip the bread into the milk bowl.
- Crush the bread into bit and pieces. It's okay if the bread mixture is sticky.
- Brush the butter inside the oven-proofed dish.
- Put 1/3 of bread mixture into the oven-proofed dish.
- Layered it with the half of the potatoes mix.
- Repeat step 6 and 7.
- Put the last part of bread mixture.
- Spread the grated cheese on top of the layered cake.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven for 30-40 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius or until it turns brown.
I ate it with chilli sauce. If you like it hot, add 1-2 tablespoons of chilli paste into the filling, of course when it's still on the hob. People on diet can only have 1 portion of this cake. Since I skipped my breakfast and had a brunch instead, I had 2 portions of it. Can eh?Can laaaa...