I've got this recipe from a friend of mine, Sirna in Newcastle. So, credit to her. And this recipe is for ibusinga:
1. Dried chillies
2. Red chillies
3. Small chillies.
4. Shrimp paste/belacan
5. Limau kasturi/lime/lemon juice
1) Soaked the dried chillies in a very hot water until it soften.
2) Stir-fry (without oil) all ingredients except the lime/lemon. Don't burnt the belacan/shrimp paste. You can switch off the stove once the red chillies become smooth.
3) Pound all the ingridients.You can use dry blender but make sure you put two tablespoons of lime/lemon juice, just to make sure the blender blend all the ingredients smoothly.
4) Mix the lime/lemon juice with the pounded/blended chillies mixture.
Laksa johor and laksa sarawak will taste even yummier with this sambal belacan.
psttt..rasa nak makan pucuk gajus cicah sambal belacan...