Sunday, 23 August 2009

Our First Iftar in Birmingham

I still can remember my youngest brother took all the lauk and arrange it on his plate, few minutes before the azan, to avoid too many hands taking the food at the same time. Again, for the second time, I won't have sahur and iftar with my parents and siblings. This is the worst case scenario because this is the first Ramadhan without my mom and mom-in-law around (if they are around, I will not be given responsibility to cook anything, the only thing I will be asked to do is do the dishes, oh heaven!). So, as an amateur in cooking arena, I find cooking in Ramadhan month is really a tough job. Despite the full 6 months experience cooking in Birmingham, I still don't have the skill of cooking excellent dishes without tasting it first. The following is the menu that we have for today, no special dishes, just the simple one: chicken curry, scrambled egg with beef and onion, our favourite stir fry pak choi, banana cake and teh tarik. However, all my cooking turned out to be good today, just the exact amount of salt and seasoning. I'm not sure about tomorrow. Any idea to avoid the taste of the food become too salty or too bland, without tasting it?


I know the answer: loads of experiences ...sigh. Mom, I need you...


6 comments:

ibusinga said...

Selamat berpuasa..
teringat dulu2 masa belajar..nak save bajet yg tak berapa ada tu..buka kat masjid..
beriani kambing...sedap!!!

melovesfood said...

hehe.. selamat pose ibu singa.. kalau lah anak saya buleh duk diam, dgn tak malunye saya gi bukak pose kat masejid.. biasanye org single mingle jek buat kan.. hehehe

Rozie said...

pinch of salt will taste good plus the sincere intention of preparing the food. no need to worry sis, ur dish will turns A-Ok!

melovesfood said...

kalu terpinch mcm nak pinch yaya mcmana.. masin le gamak nye kuah ku itu

Hikbal Ujir said...

sigh2...this is my 4th time not having ramadhan with my family.
but rite now, moving through it with my wife, and my future baby insyaAllah..=)

melovesfood said...

hahaha.. ibal iftar pukul berapa? pukul 10 pagi ke..hehehe... org mabuk +loya mane leh posa..hehehehe

Related Posts with Thumbnails