Wednesday, 29 July 2009

I love JB!

I'm a nomad for the past 27 years (still and 3 years more to come!). Look at the following list. The places that I had stayed for the past 27 years.
  • Nov 1981 - Jan 1985 : Lumut, Perak, Malaysia
  • Jan 1985 - Dec 1993 : Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia
  • Dec 1993 - Mar 1994 : Pekan, Pahang, Malaysia
  • Mar 1994 - Nov 1996 : Kuala Klawang, Negeri Sembilan, Malaysia
  • Mar 1997 - Dec 1998 : Kuantan, Pahang, Malaysia
  • Jan 1999 - Mac 2002 : Skudai, Johor, Malaysia
  • May 2002 - Nov 2002 : Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
  • Nov 2002 - Nov 2005 : Skudai, Johor, Malaysia
  • Dec 2005 - Feb 2009 : Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia
  • Feb 2009- present : Birmingham, England
Of all towns/cities that I had lived, I prefer JB. Nearly 6 years in Skudai and I love every single minutes of it! The best thing in JB is, of course, the food (some say Penang has the best food but I never had a chance to live in Penang, 3 days visiting Penang cannot contribute to this so called food experience).

My favourite cafe/restaurants in JB:
1) Restoran Sapiah(I & II), Taman Universiti
-Briyani kambing!!

2) Restoran Hamid, City Square (Already closed, moved somewhere else).
-Again, Briyani kambing!

3) Nasi Lemak Kukus (Steam Coconut Rice), Senibong
-The best nasi lemak, once you eat it, you'll gain 1kg of body weight. Ahh, that's why yours truly became this big :P

4) Vivo, City Square
-Beef Lasagna!!

5) Small cafe at Taman Orchid, Hutan Bandar (don't remember the exact name).
-Best Laksa Johor. If I'm not mistaken, it's the only cafe that sells laksa johor in Taman Orchid.

6) Tembaga Stall, Skudai
-Best Nasi Paprik!

7) Restaurant Mak Jah, Taman Universiti
-Best Curry Fish Head, malay version, (but Mak Jah's husband face really made me felt annoyed, senyum la sikit pakcik!)

8) Aneka Rasa Stall, Tampoi (moved somewhere else)
-Best Beef Soup as well as the seafood and super CHEAP!!!

9) Seafood restaurant, Stulang
-That's not the name of the restaurant. Can't remember exactly the name but it is a restaurant facing the flat, not the Lido beach (is it really a beach or it just a wide drain?). It is the second last restaurant from right. Order everything because all are yummy!!!

10) Jalaluddin Stall, Taman Universiti
Best Roti Nan and Tandoori. This was the place where Ratna and me bought our supper after the three-in-one exercise (aerobic, yoga and pilates) class.

10 cafes/restaurants and cafes that I can remember. But there is one restaurant in Larkin Perdana serves the best nasi campur. However, I can't recall the name (sayang, help me!). If you like fresh vegetable (ulam - ulaman plus sambal belacan), like me, then this is the place where you should have your lunch every single day! (I want chillies cat fish !)

Now, my least favourite place to stay is ...... KL!

8 comments:

E.L.I.Z.A said...

x abih² nge food mung nihh ekekkek
tahap obses ni..buke love doh ni ;P

melovesfood said...

doh name nye mysinfulobsession..hehehe.. meme le obses :)

CikSengal said...

aku pun tak terer makan2 area jb ni sebab aku makan kat umah je.. kekekeke...

melovesfood said...

kalu parents aku dok JB, mmg aku tak terer makan kat JB.. lagi best makan kat umah..dah la free..hikhikhik

sarukman said...

seri bayu

melovesfood said...

thanks syg! yes it is seri bayu restaurant in larkin perdana..:)

fana said...

yesss...i love seri bayu tooo...lauk pauk dia mmg byk gileeee...smpai tak tau nk makan ape

melovesfood said...

fana, bukak lagi ke seri bayu ni?

Related Posts with Thumbnails