Monday, 11 May 2009

Upside down Strawberry Cheesecake and Roast Chicken


That is some cheesecake leftovers. We organized a simple get together party at my house yesterday. There were four families invited. I prepared two new recipes that I managed to get from my friend, Afzan. I bet Afzan is a very good cook, according to the pics that she uploaded on her facebook. The two recipes are Upside Down Strawberry Cheesecake and Whole Roasted Chicken. OMG! I finally learnt how to make my own cheesecake. My friends said it tastes like ice cream. Yummy!! People say that the vanilla essence is not halal, therefore to be on the safe side, I substituted that particular ingredient with lemon juice. It turned out to be okay. For the roast chicken, Afzan used butter to baste the chicken. Since I did not have enough butter to baste all 4 chickens (yupp, I cooked 4 whole chicken yesterday), so I used extra virgin olive oil. The chicken skin turned out to be crispy. But the crispiness were gone since I roasted them too early. I've should wait till 2 pm to start roasting all chickens, so that my guests will have them hot and crispy. Lesson learnt. Together with the two new recipes, I also prepared the sweet chillies prawns, mixed vegetables and plain rice (after all, we are still asians and asians eat rice :)) Thanks for great recipes, Afzan and friends, wait till I find new recipes to try, then there will be next "come dine with me" event. :) And to mrgrammarindahouse @ mypersonalstyleadvisor, happy "couple" anniversary. :)

4 comments:

bobotnear said...

pasni leh buat orea cheesecake lak ye

melovesfood said...

boleh boleh.. biskut marie cheese cake tak nak ke? hahaha

sue said...

beri la recipe mah..tang nyaman jk ehhhhh

Hikbal Ujir said...

ahaks, could u please send a few dishes to us, we are starving here in Australia

Related Posts with Thumbnails